Don’t Be Stupid or Foolish “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” (Mat 7:15)
THE PRISON EPISTLES
A. The church is a BODY, Chapter 1
1.Introduction, vv. 1, 2
2.God the Father planned the church, vv. 3-6 “A body hast thou prepared me” (Hebrews 10:5)
3.God the Son paid the price for the church, vv. 7-12“Redemption through his blood” (v. 7)
4.God the Holy Spirit protects the church, vv. 13, 14 “By one Spirit were we all baptized into one body” (1 Corinthians 12:13)
5. Prayer for knowledge and power, vv. 15-23
Dr. John Vernon McGee (1904-1988)
October 14, 2018
Paul the apostle is known for his great intellectual and theological mind, which gave us some of the greatest writings of the New Testament, if not the whole Bible. But Paul was not some ivory tower intellectual elite; he was a man passionate about his people, so he was also a great man of prayer.
October 13, 2018
1) Are the Ten Commandments for Christians today?
2) Why did Jesus instruct Mary to not touch Him after His resurrection?
3) Why do you refer to the Lord’s Supper and baptism as sacraments?
4) Why did Peter have a sword with him the night Jesus was betrayed?
5) Does 1 Corinthians 11:34 mean that we should not be eating at church?
6) What is the unpardonable sin?
7) What is your scriptural support for the age of accountability?