Daily Bible Study
Daniel 7:1-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
Daniel’s Vision of the Four Beasts
7 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel saw a dream and visions of his head as he lay in his bed. Then he wrote down the dream and told the sum of the matter. 2 Daniel declared,[a] “I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea. 3 And four great beasts came up out of the sea, different from one another. 4 The first was like a lion and had eagles’ wings. Then as I looked its wings were plucked off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man, and the mind of a man was given to it. 5 And behold, another beast, a second one, like a bear. It was raised up on one side. It had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth; and it was told, ‘Arise, devour much flesh.’ 6 After this I looked, and behold, another, like a leopard, with four wings of a bird on its back. And the beast had four heads, and dominion was given to it.
- Daniel 7:2 Aramaic answered and said
Five Year Daily Study
Welcome aboard the “Bible Bus”—what Dr. J. Vernon McGee affectionately called our five-year journey through the whole Word of God. What makes the Bible Bus unique is the systematic way we study the whole Bible over five years. You can hop on the Bus at any stop and ride for as long as you like. We begin in Genesis (Old Testament), then jump to the book of Matthew (New Testament), and then back to the Old Testament. Systematically and in order, we travel through all 66 books in five years.
McGee’s Daily Podcasts – Archive – Audio Downloads
- We need to be more conscious of the fact that we are engaged in a spiritual warfare. Thats the advice Dr. McGee gives us as the Bible Bus heads to Daniel, chapter 10, verse 10. So, hop aboard as we discover the power of prayer and the might of Gods Word.
- The Bible is very cleara spiritual realm exists in our world that cannot be seen unless its revealed to us. However, every now and then in Gods Word well find moments when the veil is pulled back and we get glimpses into that realm. Join us in this study as we get that sneak peek through the eyes of the prophet Daniel.
- A grand panoramic view of a fabulous section of Scripture. Thats the amazing scenery our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, says well view as the Bible Bus pulls up to Daniel, chapter 9, for Daniels prophecy of the seventy weeks.
- Do you ever feel that your prayers go no further than the ceiling? If so, this study is for you. In Daniel chapter 9, well not only see a model of how a righteous man prays, but well also get to peek into the spiritual realm and understand the Fathers response to godly prayer. So, hop aboard as we set off for what our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, calls one of the richest chapters in all of Scripture.