Daily Bible Study
Daniel 7:13-23 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.
Daniel’s Visions Interpreted
15 “I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit [a]within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 16 I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: 17 ‘Those great beasts, which are four, are four [b]kings which arise out of the earth. 18 But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.’
19 “Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; 20 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke [c]pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.
21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.
23 “Thus he said:
‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
- Daniel 7:15 Lit. in the midst of its sheath
- Daniel 7:17 Representing their kingdoms, v. 23
- Daniel 7:20 Lit. great things
Five Year Daily Study
Welcome aboard the “Bible Bus”—what Dr. J. Vernon McGee affectionately called our five-year journey through the whole Word of God. What makes the Bible Bus unique is the systematic way we study the whole Bible over five years. You can hop on the Bus at any stop and ride for as long as you like. We begin in Genesis (Old Testament), then jump to the book of Matthew (New Testament), and then back to the Old Testament. Systematically and in order, we travel through all 66 books in five years.
McGee’s Daily Podcasts – Archive – Audio Downloads
- We need to be more conscious of the fact that we are engaged in a spiritual warfare. Thats the advice Dr. McGee gives us as the Bible Bus heads to Daniel, chapter 10, verse 10. So, hop aboard as we discover the power of prayer and the might of Gods Word.
- The Bible is very cleara spiritual realm exists in our world that cannot be seen unless its revealed to us. However, every now and then in Gods Word well find moments when the veil is pulled back and we get glimpses into that realm. Join us in this study as we get that sneak peek through the eyes of the prophet Daniel.
- A grand panoramic view of a fabulous section of Scripture. Thats the amazing scenery our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, says well view as the Bible Bus pulls up to Daniel, chapter 9, for Daniels prophecy of the seventy weeks.
- Do you ever feel that your prayers go no further than the ceiling? If so, this study is for you. In Daniel chapter 9, well not only see a model of how a righteous man prays, but well also get to peek into the spiritual realm and understand the Fathers response to godly prayer. So, hop aboard as we set off for what our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, calls one of the richest chapters in all of Scripture.