As a relativity new student of the Bible I have become perplexed at the complexity man has created for the average Christian to understand biblical doctrine (teaching). The confusion and conflict has caused much consternation for one old soul… Therefore, I have begun a journey investigating this conundrum. My starting point will begin a study using “Concise Bible Doctrines, by Elmer L. Towns” and other internet sources for better or worst. Don’t be Stupid or Naive at the least, many times it’s what is not said in a church service that is more important to pickup on, remember not everyone is your friend or has your best interest in mind.
Doctrine of Truth
“All doctrine begins with God and has its eternal existence in God, but there was no need of doctrine until God created Man. As soon as man was created, a need existed. Man was made in the image of God, which means among other things that he had the ability to reason. His intellectual ability reflects the thought processes of God.”
“The object of our faith is more important than the sincerity of our belief. The man who thinks he is right but is not sure may be far better off than the one who is “sure” but is absolutely wrong. The credibility of our faith begins with objective truth and ends with eternal trust.”
Concise Bible Doctrines by Elmer L. Towns
Five Year Study
Beware of Congregational Wolves
The Bible Says, “Beware of Wonky Theologies & Doctrines“.
#MillionDollarSunday #Jets4Jesus #NaïveThinking #Whitewash #ZeitgeistTruth #GrassFeedBullSh*t
All things are full of weariness; a man cannot utter it; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and here is nothing new under the sun. Is there a thing of which it is said, “See, this is new”? It has been already in the ages before us.
McGee’s Bible Commentary – Download
- The Bible is very cleara spiritual realm exists in our world that cannot be seen unless its revealed to us. However, every now and then in Gods Word well find moments when the veil is pulled back and we get glimpses into that realm. Join us in this study as we get that sneak peek through the eyes of the prophet Daniel.
- A grand panoramic view of a fabulous section of Scripture. Thats the amazing scenery our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, says well view as the Bible Bus pulls up to Daniel, chapter 9, for Daniels prophecy of the seventy weeks.
- Do you ever feel that your prayers go no further than the ceiling? If so, this study is for you. In Daniel chapter 9, well not only see a model of how a righteous man prays, but well also get to peek into the spiritual realm and understand the Fathers response to godly prayer. So, hop aboard as we set off for what our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, calls one of the richest chapters in all of Scripture.
- Daniel is perplexed by his recent vision, and the angel Gabriel visits to explain it. Those are the exciting events well witness as our study in the Old Testament book of Daniel chapter 8 continues.
- Is the United States mentioned in prophecy? Thats one of the many questions our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, answers as Daniels vision of the ram and he-goat begins in chapter eight.
- Gods great global plan. Thats what our teacher, Dr. J. Vernon McGee, says weve been learning about in this first section of the book of Daniel. Dont miss more of this riveting story as we discover the explanation of the fourth beast in Daniels vision.
Black Kettle Quick Links
- News & Commentary
- The Old Rugged Cross
- Acts of the Apostles
- Arminianism and Calvinism
- Biblical Theology and Controversy
- Pilgrim’s Progress
- Preaching & Teaching
- Alistair Begg – Truth for Life
- Chip Ingram – Living on the Edge
- Chuck Baldwin – Liberty Fellowship MT
- John MacArthur – Grace to You
- John Piper – Desiring God
- Greg Laurie – Harvest Christian Fellowship
- James White – Alpha & Omega Ministries
- J.D. Farag – Calvary Chapel in Kaneohe Hawaii
- Rick Warren – Saddleback & Company
- Steve Gregg – The Narrow Path
- Log Out
- War History